|Monday:||9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Thursday:||9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Friday:||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Saturday:||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
The tutors of Bronxville Sylvan Learning Center are passionate about helping students reach their goals and build confidence in both academics and life. Sylvan educational professionals understand that students deserve the opportunity to improve their academic performance and they are dedicated to helping these students. Our tutors take great pride in working at Bronxville Sylvan Learning. Contact us today if you think a rewarding career at Bronxville Sylvan is for you!
Deliver Quality Education:
- Teach using the Sylvan SAT Prep program, featuring small class sizes (4-8 students) and personalized instruction on proven test-taking strategies and essential skill review.
- Supervise, interact with, and motivate students during instruction session.
- Document student progress and communicate student needs to the Center Directors.
- Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching and Sylvan.
- Scored above 640 on Math and/or Verbal portion of the SAT
- 4 year degree (or currently working towards one)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with high school students
- Monday and Wednesday 6:30–9 pm
- Tuesday and Thursday 7-9pm
- Sunday 1-5 pm
- Bronxville, NY
- White Plains, NY
As a part-time Instructor at Sylvan, your primary responsibilities are:
If you aspire to inspire, then we want you on our team!
You will be trained on the Sylvan curriculum and given the tools to teach in a 3:1 setting. As a Sylvan Instructor, you will provide personalized instruction in Reading, Writing, Math, and Study Skills to students of all levels.
As a successful Instructor, you will teach Sylvan programs, supervise, interact with and motivate students during instruction, reward students for completed assignments, evaluate and document student progress, and communicate student needs to the center manager. You will also inspire students by developing rapport with them and establishing a fun learning environment, maintaining a positive attitude and demonstrating enthusiasm for teaching and for Sylvan.