Why did you first decide to become a Teacher? At Sylvan, we remember why.
As an Instructor at Sylvan, your primary responsibilities are:
Just Teaching. No Lesson Plans. No Preparation. As a part-time Sylvan Instructor, you will be trained on the Sylvan curriculum and given the tools to teach in a small group, 3:1 setting. You will provide personalized instruction in Reading, Writing, Math, Study Skills and ACT prep to students of all levels. If you aspire to inspire, then we want you on our team.
As a successful Instructor, you will:
- Deliver Quality Education
- Teach using Sylvan based programs
- Supervise, interact with and motivate students during instruction hour while they work with equipment and materials
- Reward students for completed assignments
- Communicate student needs to the center manager
- Evaluate and document student progress
As an Instructor at Sylvan, you will inspire students:
- Develop rapport with students and establishes a fun learning environment
- Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching and Sylvan
- Bachelor’s degree in a math related field (for Math Instruction), OR
- State level teaching certification (current or expired)
What you get in return:
As a Sylvan team member, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact on our business, watching your Learning Center grow! Our total rewards package includes –
If you want to be a part of an inspired organization that believes in fostering knowledge and confidence in children, improving the lives of thousands of families every day – email us today, and don’t let this opportunity pass you by!
- Hourly compensation
- Flexible scheduling
- Additionally, through on-the-job training and learning opportunities, you can develop your career at Sylvan and succeed with us in future roles!