Center Upper Level Math Instructor
Sylvan Learning Center, the nation’s leading provider of educational services, seeks part-time teachers/instructors. At Sylvan we believe every child can succeed! We are committed to giving our best to see students grow and learn. Whether they are trying to catch up, keep up, or get ahead, Sylvan offers learners a small student teacher ratio with individualized instruction and ongoing assessment.
At Sylvan Learning Center, we teach students (ages kindergarten thru adults) skills to increase confidence and independence, providing them with skills that will last a lifetime. Sylvan offers instruction in reading, writing, math, algebra, geometry, study skills, advanced reading and ACT Prep.
One of the biggest contributors to our success is our teachers. It is crucial that our team of teachers provide a warm, encouraging environment with strong emphasis on skills development and mastery learning.
Here’s how we have structured part time employment for our teachers:
• We offer full training in all programs that meet your skill set, background, and qualifications.
• The programs and lesson plans are developed by our full time staff. Therefore, as a Sylvan teacher, you will require little to no prep time in order to start teaching our students when you arrive each day.
• You will be provided with an extensive variety of materials and manipulatives to use for enhancing your instruction.
• Instruction will take place after school and on Saturday mornings. Our teachers usually work 2 evenings a week and Saturday mornings.
• Our dedicated and experienced full time staff will handle all communications with parents or guardians so you get to do what you like best – teaching!
Qualified candidates must have a current teaching certificate, experience in teaching math, be able to develop a good rapport with students, and have an enthusiastic and positive approach to teaching.