|Monday:||9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Thursday:||9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Friday:||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Saturday:||8:00 AM - 2:00 PM|
Sylvan is always looking for great teachers! Come join our team and be inspired!
Why did you first decide to become a Teacher? At Sylvan, we remember why.
As an Instructor at Sylvan, your primary responsibilities are:
Just Teaching. No Lesson Plans. No Preparation.
As a part-time Sylvan Instructor, you will be trained on the Sylvan curriculum and given the tools to teach in a small group, 3:1 setting. You will provide personalized instruction in Reading, Writing, Math, Study Skills, SAT/ACT prep and State exams to students of all levels.
If you aspire to inspire, then we want you on our team.
As a successful Instructor, you will:
Deliver Quality Education:
* Teach using Sylvan based programs
* Supervise, interact with and motivate students during instruction hour while they work with equipment and materials
* Reward students for completed assignments
* Evaluate and document student progress
* Communicate student needs to the center manager
* Develop rapport with students and establishes a fun learning environment
* Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching and Sylvan
* Bachelor’s degree
* Minimum 1 year of teaching or tutoring experience
* State level teaching certification (current or expired, not required for Math Instruction)
We are looking for a talented Center Director for our Ames location who is passionate about education and motivated to make a differnce in the life of our students.
As a successful Director, you will:
Grow the Center:
• Direct the sales process of new and potential enrollments, including successfully handling initial inquiries from parents as well as consultations and conferences with parents.
• Engage in marketing activities to increase awareness of Sylvan Learning in your region.
• Monitor and track Center performance, revenues, expenses, and fee collection.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with teachers, educational specialists and other school administrators and parent/teacher organizations.
• Conduct monthly progress conferences with parents
• Make recommendations to alter program prescriptions or offer additional programs.
Manage & Train:
• Select, train, and manage Center employees
• Effectively lead center staff meetings with all employees; motivate and continually develop Center staff.
• Demonstrate and uphold a high level of staff morale and spirit; ensure the professional appearance of your Center.
Ensure Educational Integrity:
• Motivate and develop staff through ongoing trainings and workshops
• Administer Sylvan Skills Assessments; analyze and interpret results
• Write and recommend goal-based programs for Sylvan Students as well as monitor programs for performance.
• Establish relationships and communications with students’ teachers for insights on school progress
• Create positive learning environment by modeling motivational behavior in the center for staff, students and parents, during all phases of the instructional program.
• A Bachelor’s degree
• Five + years of related experience (sales and marketing), with a strong focus on customer service
• Excellent verbal communication and persuasive skills, and the ability to build relationships
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts, analyze/interpret business reports and statistics, and write reports and business correspondence.
• Effective problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work evening hours and some weekends.
• A Bachelor’s degree and Teaching certificate and/or experience in the education field.