Sylvan’s elementary school math programs will improve your child’s multiplication and division skills.
Get started now!
Call 1-888-EDUCATE today.
At Sylvan, our dedicated and caring tutors bring unique insights about what will improve your child's multiplication and division skills. Using the Sylvan Skills Assessment®, we'll pinpoint your child's learning needs and ensure each concept is mastered before moving on to a new one. Don't wait! Learn more about our personalized elementary school math programs today.
- Schedule a Sylvan Skills Assessment® or free consultation.
- Find a center near you.
- Click here and we'll call you now.
Sylvan can help your child build the following elementary school multiplication and division skills...and more.
- Understand concept of multiplication as repeated addition
- Understand concepts of multiplication and division using concrete objects and pictorial representation
- Begin to identify that division facts are related to multiplication facts
- Develop automaticity with multiplication facts 0-9
- Multiply a two- or three-digit number by a one-digit number with and without regrouping
- Identify the associative, commutative, identity, and zero properties of multiplication
- Multiply a one- or two-digit number by two 1-digit numbers
- Identify the relationship between multiplication and division facts
- Develop automaticity with division facts
- Divide a one-digit or two-digit number by a one-digit number with and without a remainder
- Divide a three-digit number by a one-digit number with no remainder
- Use rounding strategy for multiplication and division
- Multiply a multi-digit number by a 1-digit number
- Multiply a two- or three-digit number by a 2-digit number with and without regrouping
- Divide a two-, three-, or 4-digit number by a one-digit number with or without a remainder
- Divide a two-digit number by a two-digit number with or without a remainder
- Place zeros accurately in quotient
- Use multiplication as a check for division
- Identify and use the inverse operation for multiplication
- Use the distributive property to finding products
- Multiply a three- or four-digit number by a two- or three-digit number with zeros
- Multiply multi-digit numbers using a calculator
- Multiply by multiples of 10 and 100 without a calculator
- Identify and use the rules of divisibility for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10
- Divide a three-digit number by a multiple of 10
- Divide a three-digit number by a two-digit number with no zeros in the divisor
- Divide a four-digit number by a two-digit number