Sylvan’s fifth grade math programs will improve your child’s problem solving skills.
Sylvan's elementary school math tutors are dedicated to providing the real-life explanations and techniques your fifth grader can use to tackle tough word problems and become a better problem solver. The use of manipulatives, such as counting blocks or fraction circles, are used by our instructors to ensure your child masters every new math concept. Sylvan's individualized approach will help your child build the skills, habits and attitudes necessary for math success.
When your child needs help with word problems and problem solving, turn to Sylvan. Our elementary school math programs will help your child master the following fifth grade problem solving skills and more.
- Select the appropriate operation and strategy to solve word problems
- Solve problems using basic graphs, charts and tables
- Learn how to identify relevant and irrelevant information in a word problem
- Begin to solve basic, one-step equations
- Solve problems using a given formula
- And much more based upon your fifth grader's unique learning needs