Sylvan knows how to keep your fourth grader motivated and ready to read.
Save $100 now on a Sylvan reading program.
The fourth grade presents a big transition as your young reader moves from learning to read to reading to learn. As this shift occurs, it’s common for some students to lose interest in reading. It’s important to keep them motivated and Sylvan can help. Your fourth grader will be expected to:
- Continue to build vocabulary.
- Continue to build comprehension and look for and find answers in a text.
- Become a more fluent reader.
- Spend less time on phonics, more time on word structure.
- And much more based upon your fourth grader's unique learning needs…
Find out why Sylvan is the best choice for your fourth grade reader.
- Individualized programs: Based on the results of Sylvan's in-depth assessment, we'll create an individualized plan that develops the exact skills, habits and attitudes your child needs to become a better, more confident reader.
- Motivational rewards: Sylvan's "token" system will keep your child engaged and motivated to learn with rewards for achieving personal milestones.
- Proven process: As recommended by the National Reading Panel, our reading tutors won’t let your child progress to a new lesson until he has completely mastered each skill.
- Guided reading practice: With guided reading practice our instructors keep your ready to read, while making sure he has a solid understanding of every required fourth grade reading concept.
- In-center and online tutoring options: To meet the needs of busy families like yours, our individualized reading instruction is available at your local Sylvan Learning center or through our live, online tutoring program—Sylvan Online™.**