Sylvan's middle and junior high school writing programs will help your child become a better writer.
At Sylvan, we'll pinpoint the exact skills your child needs to become a successful writer in middle and junior high school. With every completed lesson, you'll see your child's confidence grow as he masters the writing process and completes writing assignments independently.
- Organizing the writing process, including prewriting, drafting, revising, editing and publishing
- Applying composition techniques, including topic sentences, details and transitions
- Understanding different types of grade-level composition assignments
- Learning from a variety of text–based assignments, including outlining main ideas, identifying supporting details, analyzing short passages and writing summaries
Sylvan is the best choice for your middle and junior high school writer.
- Our in-depth assessment helps us target the exact skills your middle school student needs, so we can tailor a personalized writing program that delivers real results.
- Sylvan's writing programs work because your child will practice and master the same kind of writing that he is learning in school. Our personalized approach and guided practice result in a more confident child equipped with the skills to succeed, and the motivation to achieve even better grades.
- We’ll measure your child's writing progress every step of the way, and won’t move forward until he has completely mastered each new writing skill.
- Our programs are research-based and adhere to the standards established by the National Council of Teachers of English.