|New Students:||(207) 773-0303|
|Current Families:||(207) 773-6424|
|Monday:||9:00 AM - 6:30 PM|
|Tuesday:||9:00 AM - 6:30 PM|
|Wednesday:||9:00 AM - 6:30 PM|
|Thursday:||9:00 AM - 6:30 PM|
|Friday:||9:00 AM - 3:00 PM|
EVERY STUDENT CAN SUCCEED!
Given the right environment, kids can learn. That is the guiding philosophy of Sylvan Learning Centers.
We're seeking dedicated part time teachers and instructors to give students the help they need. You’ll work with groups of no more than 3 students, using prepared lesson plans. You will be part of a team that monitors and guides the success of each and every student.
Specific subject areas include:
*Reading (all levels)
*Writing (all levels)
*Math (elementary through high school)
You'll receive thorough on-the-job training using some of the most advanced instruction methods available.
*State Certification for non-mathematic instructors
*Experience teaching preferred
*Able to work on and off site (as required)
With over 25 years of experience and more than 1,000 learning centers located throughout North America, Sylvan Learning Center has changed the lives of over two million students and families. Sylvan's trained and certified teachers provide personalized instruction in reading, writing, mathematics, study skills and test-prep for college entrance and state exams.
At Sylvan, students develop the skills to do better in school and the confidence to do better in everything else.
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reports to: Executive Director
The Program Manager for OSLC will manage the day-to-day operation of the “Ace it!” tutoring program and Sylvan Sync Offsite locations. Responsible for the development of offsite Sylvan Sync locations and the management of contracts. Other responsibilities include leadership, problem solving, delegating and managing. Duties include P & L controls, staffing and curriculum delivery.
Essential Job Functions:
Help develop offsite Sylvan Sync locations
Manage offsite contracts and Sylvan Sync locations
• Hire, train, schedule and manage teachers
• Serve as a back-up teacher when needed
• Process teacher payroll
• Develop & maintain a positive relationship with school administrators, staff and off site locations personnel
• Attend Provider Fairs
• Participate in the recruitment of students at participating schools and off site locations
• Prepare and oversees student testing
• Interact by phone or in person with parents
• Prepare & deliver paperwork/reports for school administrators, off site locations and for parents at the beginning and end of the tutoring program
• Manage the Ace it! Web site
• Observe & assist teachers when needed
• Establish and implement a process to acquire, organize and store class materials
• Manage the Rewards program
• Coordinate snacks for SES students
• Maintain site order and the professional appearance of the program sites
• Monitor student attendance
• Assist with preparation of monthly billing for school districts
BA degree and experience in managing, operations and problem solving. Take ownership of your work and responsibilities.
Job Type: Regular
Full/Part Time: Part Time - All
Salary: Hourly Wage
$13.00 to $18.00
Location Notes: Travel and management of off site locations around the state.
management of staff, self starter, able to take ownership of program, leadership, strong communication and interpersonal skills, Strong Organizational Skills
BS or BA degree
Sylvan Learning Center
20 Atlantic Place
South Portland, Maine 04106 Phone: 207-773-6424