Sylvan’s personalized approach will help your tenth grader become a better writer for life.
With high school underway, your tenth grader has probably realized the importance of great writing skills. Sylvan's caring and patient tutors take an individualized approach to writing and can build the skills, techniques and confidence your teenager needs to succeed in high school and beyond.
- Learn how to apply the writing process, including prewriting, drafting, revising, editing and publishing
- Apply various composition techniques, including thesis statements, topic sentences, organized details and transitions
- Understand how to approach different types of composition and essay assignments, including descriptive, illustrative, compare and contrast, cause and effect and persuasive writing
- Learn from a variety of text–based projects and assignments, including analyzing long passages, outlining main ideas, writing summaries and understanding the requirements of a major research paper
- And much more based upon your teenager's unique learning needs…
Discover why Sylvan is the best choice for your tenth grader's writing needs.
- Individualized approach: Our in-depth assessment helps us target the exact skills your tenth grader needs, so we can tailor a personalized writing program that delivers real results.
- Guided practice: Our writing programs work because your teenager will practice and master the same writing skills at Sylvan that he's learning in school.
- Real progress: Your child will be equipped with the skills to succeed, as well as the motivation and confidence to achieve even better grades.
- Skills that stick: We’ll measure your tenth grader’s writing progress every step of the way and won’t move forward until each new skill is mastered.
- Proven approach: Our programs adhere to the standards established by the National Council of Teachers of English.
Let Sylvan tailor an individualized plan that builds the skills, habits and attitudes your tenth grader needs for writing success. Contact us today!